Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Disney Monthly Magazine in Malaysia


This spread ran in the December 2014 issue of the Kuala Lumpur based magazine.  
You can visit the magazine's website, or their facebook page.

Archer wanted me to get all of the text on this page translated for him.  This seemed like a unreasonably difficult undertaking, although I am sure that the English-to-Malay-and-back-to-English-again titles of the napkins would have been fairly amusing.

The two items that were apparently untranslatable were the name of the Star Wars character "Zeb Orelios" and, perplexingly, "Super Dino."

4 comments:

  1. it's not in Malay but in Chinese. I really enjoyed your paintings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the correction! I'll admit I have no idea what Malay looks like in print. I stupidly assumed that because it was published in Malaysia... And Google translate does not work well on jpgs. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I could translate for you. Give me a few days:p

      Delete
    3. That's very kind of you to offer! But please don't go to any trouble, I am pretty sure the text is mostly the titles or descriptions of the napkins, so I think we can guess more or less well enough. Thanks!

      Delete